CDL Class A Truck Driver
The Truck Driver is responsible for operating a dump truck with equipment trailer to transport dirt, aggregate, asphalt, and other materials and/or equipment to various job site locations. Will work directly with the foreman to coordinate all moves. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of trucks and equipment.
Pavecon Driver Bonus Program
- CDL Drivers eligible for $800 a year.
- Non CDL drivers eligible for $400 a year.
- Additional $250 clean roadside inspection bonus.
Pavecon Driver Responsibilities
- Pavecon Driver Responsibilities
- Pavecon drivers start the day as part of a team that wants to succeed.
- Pavecon drivers use electronic logs and have support and training from staff.
- Pavecon drivers help ensure a successful day by performing a complete DOT Pre-trip inspection.
- If there is a defect with a Pavecon vehicle the fleet maintenance department will get you on the road as fast as possible.
- Pavecon drivers will be maneuvering trucks and trailers around job sites which may include tight turns, narrow widths and low clearance.
- Pavecon drivers will be loading and unloading heavy equipment daily.
- Pavecon drivers will be running loads and may be required to obtain signatures for receipts, load tickets, bills of lading, and other related documents.
- Pavecon drivers are also a part of the construction team, drivers will help setup, build, and help the construction team succeed.
- Pavecon drivers will perform and complete post trip inspection. Drivers know the importance of a post trip inspection and how it leads to a successful tomorrow.
- No matter the conditions a Pavecon drivers can adapt to every scenario, Pavecon drivers are professional and held to a high driver awareness standard.
- Safety is our #1 goal, it’s not a choice it’s a lifestyle.
- PPE is always required in accordance to OSHA and Pavecon policy.
- Pavecon drivers will assure complete compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- All equipment will be loaded and secured in accordance to DOT regulations.
- Pavecon provides training and team support to ensure Pavecon drivers are leading in on-road safety.
- Pavecon’s is commitment to maintaining a low DOT score and best in class on road safety.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must possess valid CDL license.
- Must possess a current Medical Examiners certificate.
- Must have the ability to read, write and perform simple math.
- Must have the ability to handle the stress of driving on public roads, read maps, road signs, handle recites, maintain electronic logs, etc.
- Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Tanker endorsement and Hazmat endorsements preferred.
- Must have 2 years previous CDL driving experience.
- Must be 23 years of age.
- Must not have any convictions for Felony offenses within the previous 5 years of employment
- Must not have any convictions for DUI offenses within the previous 10 years of employment. Must not have any convictions for offenses that relate to the theft of any item.
- Must not have more than 1 conviction for Speeding within 3 years prior to employment.
- Must not have a conviction for use of a cellular device while operating a commercial motor vehicle.
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving for up to 11 hours.
- Must be able to shift manual transmission.
- Must be able to perform bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, crouching and balancing to inspect vehicles, confirm secure and appropriate cargo tie-down, and load distribution.
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicle’s cab regularly throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently reach for chains and other equipment at waist level and occasionally reach above shoulder height or below waist level for maneuvering and directing the controls to operate the truck.
- Drivers may be subject to irregular work schedules with temperature and weather extremes.
- Must pass controlled substances drug test, breath alcohol test, background check, road test, driving record review, and physical assessment.